Do you face the leaking piping on the outside of the house? The broken line is wasting a lot of water and damaging your property. The broken faucet of pipe is majorly causing this leakage.
Do you get irritated once you see a lot of water outside your garage? It must be affecting your house look. Do your neighbour complain about the leaking of water outside the house.
Yes, most of us have faced this situation and used to call the plumber. Although sometimes you will not need to contact the plumbers as you can fix things yourself.
How to fix a broken outside faucet pipe? But first, you must know what causes the faucet pipe to leak. The primary cause of leaking is the pin holes.
The pin holes can be because of the water pressure as you must be using an ancient pipe. As time flies, the products start getting weak.
The other factor can be the use of sharp products for cleaning purposes. This post will lead to knowing the most reasonable solutions to fix your faucet pipe. Keep reading till to see the conclusion.
Solutions for how to fix a broken outside faucet pipe:
Do we need to install a new line? Although replacing the line is best, it will be a little expensive. But the main reason you are here is the fixing of the pipe.
- However, various methods can fix your pipe, but let’s figure out the easiest solution.
- Important note: no matter what procedure you prefer but it’s essential to turn off the water valves first before implementation.
- Most pipes have steel or copper, but the process will not affect the material if you are careful.
- Jubilee clip: take the rubber and put that on the exact pin hole.
- You will need to spot the same pinhole; otherwise, this process will not work.
- Now grab a jubilee clip and pin that around the hole.
- There is a slight tap on the top of the jubilee clip.
- Try using the screwdriver to tighten the jubilee clip.
- Remember, do not tighten the jubilee clip that ruins the pipe.
- Once you have done the task of tightening the clip, you can check now by turning on the water valve.
- Compression fitting: Compression fitting is another factor that doesn’t ruin the look of the pipe.
- Take the pipe slice blade and place it right on the hole spot.
- Now turn the pipes into two pieces by using a blade.
- You will have to twist the blade back and forth to cut the pipe.
- Now take the compression fittings; that must be the same size as the pipe.
- The compression fitting is about the size of a millimetre like a pipe.
- After springing the pipe parts, you will need to slip the nut of compression into one side of the pipe.
- Now do the same with the other nut into the other part of the pipe.
- Finally, you are going to spin that and attract both sides of the pipe
- Once they got attached tightly, check the leak.
- Flux: This process also demands the pipe slice blade.
- You will cut the same as you did in the previous one, but the blade in the exact spot and cut it off into two parts by twisting the knife.
- Clean the pipe thoroughly with a cloth.
- Now put a slight amount of flux on the edges of the pipe on both sides.
- A sludge amount of flux is quite enough for attaching the pipes.
- Now take the burner for heating the pies and fixing the flux.
- Join both parts in a perfect position. (straight like it was before).
- You will need to be more careful at this point as you are dealing with fire.
- Gasket kit: in this process, you need a gasket kit and hose camp.
- Now draw the hose camp sketch as the same size on the gasket sheet.
- Now cut out the shape of the hose camp from the sheet.
- It’s time to place that on the pinhole spot and screw tight with your hands or screwdriver.
- Once you tighten it, check the leak by turning on the water valve.
- Compression tape: the tape is excellent for the copper wire pipe.
- It is a silicone tape that will stick for a longer time.
- You will need to clean the pipe and avoid any liquid on the line, or the tape will not affect the leakage.
- Now cut the tape (eight inches) and start placing it on the spot.
- Try to stretch the tape while pasting it.
- You can put the tape upward or downward in the dimensions of the hole spot.
- Now you press the tape and check the water leakage.
What is the most accurate solution for fixing pipes?
Although every method is excellent if you know the proper instructions, the tape and compression fitting is the most reliable technique to implement on the pinhole.
Are the burner affects the pipe surface?
You will need to take care while using the burner, but if you use more than enough, it will burst the pipe.
How many layers would you need to put on the pipe?
You can put as many layers as you want. While scratching, the tape prevents water leakage and provides complete protection.