Is the handle getting out of its place? Is the handle not stable, and will it fall apart? You might be having this trouble because they are several reasons that cause the loss of handle.
Has your friend noticed this loss while using your washroom? This situation is alarming cause it breaks into parts, which is unpleasant.
You will need to fix the faucet, or it will damage your sink once the leakage is uncontrollable. But what can be the reasons?
You and your friend start searching for the solutions but replace the handle. What are the reasons that the faucet handle keeps coming loose?
Although in some cases, you will need to, you can still fix it with professional tips. Let us go through the exact reasons and solutions for them.
Discover why the faucet handle keeps coming loose?
- Though internal parts can damage, it typically depends on how old your faucet is. If you are using such a mature faucet, it must have the particles stuck in it.
- No matter how much you took care of your handle, there is always an expiry date. Although you will need to find the alternatives, let us discuss the reasons.
What are the leading causes?
Loose set screws:
- There is a set of screws that connects the faucet with the surface. When you don’t tighten the screws, it starts falling.
- In most cases, the nuts size is not compatible with the surface. You will have to replace it with the new one that perfectly fits your sink’s holes.
Cartridge stem is broken:
- The cartridge is present in the handle and controls water flow through the taps. The cartridge is made of plastic and has more chances of breaking easily.
- Although in the old faucet, there are more chances that the cartridge is not working.
- The thread that connects the water pipe with the faucet head can be loosened and causes the faucet head to get out of place.
- You will need to tighten the threads with a wrench to get the faucet back in its place.
Rapture of o-rings:
- O-rings that are the black rubber stables the nuts and major body parts of the faucet. It may get out of the place, causing a disturbance in the stability of the faucet handle.
- The only thing you will do is to replace the o-rings.
How does the cartridge break so easily?
- The main reason that the cartridge breaks is the hard water. The hard water has quite minerals or the elements that make the water insoluble.
- Due to this hard water, the cartridge has more weight, and suddenly it breaks.
Steps to fix it:
- You will see the cartridge stem when you open the faucet handle and disassemble the body parts.
- Clean the stem of any grim or grease that might have reached.
- Now take the lever and try to open the lid of the stem.
- This way, you will discover the washer, o-rings, and other nuts of the handle.
- You will also have access to the set of screws.
- It is better to take the Allen key that appropriately fits the screws of your faucet handle.
- Now it’s time to tighten them as it is the only way to resolve the condition.
- So take the wrench and place that on the surface of the handle screws, and tighten it as much as possible.
- A lever also puts the handle nuts at the upper stage when you turn on the water tap. Try to put the screws on the faucets.
- Now you will start spinning the hex key anti-clockwise to put out the set screw.
- Once you are done tightening the screws, try to reattach the lever. This reattaching will cause the lever to get into its place and stable the handle tightly.
- Now you will see the nuts and cartridge loosened, place a wrench and start twisting In a clockwise direction to tighten it.
- Now reassemble the parts of the handle.
- Put every part back to its original place.
- After putting every part in its place, give a final touch and tighten it.
Check the leakage:
- Now it’s time to check the leakage. When your handle is loosened, then there are chances that you will have a lot of leakages.
- To avoid that, you must fix the handle and follow the above instructions. Turn on the water valves and check if there is any leakage or not.
Can we change the whole set instead of tightening it?
You can change the whole set though this handle loss will still occur if you don’t fix it up right now. So, it is better not to waste much money unless you need to renovate the bathroom. It’s always better to use the alternatives to fix the problem.
Can the faucet or the model default?
Yes, there are chances that the faucet handles you are using might not be from a good brand, and, thus, they will start leaking and losing after some time. The model might be old, or the cartridge was already broken when you purchased it.
How to choose the perfect model of the faucet handle for your sink?
The best way to check the faucet model is to compare the new one with the old one when buying. Your facet handle must perfectly fit into the holes of the sinks. Some try to cover the gap with cement, but it is not a great idea as it can damage the faucet handle. And try to buy the same brand you have used for years.
Are you having difficulty fixing the faucet handle? Although, strangely, your new faucet handle is starting to get lost.
The main reason is not fixing the faucet for the first time, and maybe you have broken an internal part of the handle.
There can be various possibilities that your faucet handle keeps coming loose. However, you can try fixing it with minimum tools and simple ideas. Instead of replacing the whole set, you can first check to apply these instructions.