You go to your washroom and turn your hands towards the faucet to open; you see a lot of dirt. Thus, this will make you feel sick. Although it will be more embarrassing if your friends start noticing and avoids using your bathroom.
Do you also feel gross and don’t want to touch your faucet? Are you a hygiene freak? Although even if you are not, you will still need to clean your tap at the end.
You will start thinking about the ways to clean it. However, you will not need to figure out what to do. This post is all about how to clean a faucet aerator?
Do you think that cleaning of faucet is a critical task as you will have to assemble the small parts? It’s not that hard if you know the instructions from scratch.
Tips for how to clean a faucet aerator?
The aerator is the top part of the faucet made of steel. The aerator sticks the minerals when the water is through it most of the time. Although cleaning the faucet aerator is not that costly, you will need to keep things with you.Â
- Material required:Â jar lids, plastic tubing, toothbrush, brass brush, and pilers. However, you cannot use your hands as it’s impossible to unscrew. There are almost two ways to clean the faucet aerators; let us discover both.Â
- Things no to do:Â there are some tips you will need to keep in mind while cleaning the faucet aerator that can avoid damage. You can not use pliers or channel locks directly on the aerator. The aerator is made of plastic or brass. If you use pliers or put hard pressure, you will have chances to break or deform the faucet aerator.Â
Procedure to smooth cleaning:
If you want your faucet aerator clean, gradually follow these steps.
Detaching of faucet aerator:
- Take a jar lid and place it on the aerator to remove it in a spinning position. The other way is to put the plastic tubing on the aerator and use pliers to remove it.Â
- Once you remove the aerator, it’s time to disassemble the parts of the aerator.Â
- Try to note down every pinch of thing not to create a mess when you assemble the aerator.Â
- The first part you will clear is the washer.
- The water filters always have some particles left on the washer. These particles are the initial step to clearing the minerals on the aerator.Â
Now it turns to wash off the particles:Â
- Take a toothbrush and rub it on the washer.
- Try to scratch the toothbrush under the running tap water. This scratching will ease your process and remove the dirt faster.Â
- Once you have thoroughly cleaned it, it’s time for the faucet. This cleaning of the faucet aerator from outside is essential as it also germs on it that can spoil your water quality.
Washing of the outside of the aerator:
- Take the brass brush and start brushing it.Â
- Add some amount of water so the lubrication will after the process.Â
- Try not to push the brass brush too hard on it, as it can leave some scratches on the aerator.Â
- The maximum it will take is 10 minutes.Â
- Try not to use any sharp appliances such as a knife or steel brush.Â
Assembling the particles of the aerator:
Once you have cleaned them, assemble the particles of the aerator as they were. Now spin the faucet aerator backwards to place it in the faucet body.
What’s another way to clean the faucet aerator?
- The other way is not that different; it just needs more appliances.Â
- These appliances are channel locks, vinegar, and a clean towel.
- Take off the aerator with the channel locks as you did with pilers, with plastic tubing on the aerator.Â
- Once you remove the aerator, take a bowl of vinegar.Â
- You can also use alcohol if you do not have vinegar.Â
- Soak the aerator in the vinegar forÂ 20-30 minutes.Â
- After soaking, please take out the aerator and brush it off with a toothbrush.Â
Why do we need a dash of vinegar to clean the aerator?
- Vinegar has an acidic nature that is best for removing impure substances. The vinegar is also great for bringing shine to the steel or brass.Â
How to know that your washers have dirt?
It’s not tough that your washer has the dirt, as when you remove the filter from the aerator, you can see all the dirt present on it. This dirt is the crucial root for the unclear particles present on the faucet aerator.
How unhygienic can the minerals on the aerator be?
Although when you enter your bathroom and see that the faucet has minerals stuck on it, it will have a filthy vibe. Nobody wants that their faucet seems like an unsanitary valve.Â
How do you maintain the perfect body of the faucet?
The body and shine of the faucet remain the same if you don’t use any sharp tools to clean it. The unnecessary washing of it can also take away the shine of steel.