Is your water pressure low from the faucet? How long have you been using your faucet? Or did you buy it recently? Then it would be best if you were confused about why it would happen to you.Â
The water faucets get a lot of problems such as the leaking or the low water flow. It does not mean that you will change the whole faucet. How to increase faucet flow rate?
What can be the reason for your low water flow? This whole scenario can be linked to the water source of your state or town. There might be a water crisis in your state.
You must need to check it first before trying any alternative. If there was no water crisis from the back, then this post will be helpful for you. Keep reading till the for possible ways for water flow rate treatment.
Analyze how to increase faucet flow rate:Â
There are multiple ways to cure the water flow from your faucet. But what would you do to the main reason for your low water flow? You will need to know where the problem lies. Therefore, you would need to identify the reason behind this situation.
- The flow restrictor can be damaged.
- The washer or the filter of the faucet is not clean. Thus, it blocks the water from flowing.Â
- The restrictor is not matchable for the faucet you are using.
- Or maybe there is some damage to the aerator.Â
- The pipe or the valves has the crude.Â
- These all were the possible reasons for disrupting the water flow through the faucets. However, the best way is to check each of these reasons while treating.Â
- Now let us walk through the treatments to increase the water flow.Â
Cleansing of aerator:Â
- The aerator is in the faucet head with a washer and filter. There can be various water particles left on the filter. You will need to clean it thoroughly so the water can easily flow through it. How to clean it?Â
- You can put the aerator out with your hands or with the wrench.Â
- Once you put it out after twisting it for some time, you will see the washer and filter closely.Â
- Now take a clean cloth and gently cleanse it properly.Â
- You will surely see a lot of crudes that are stuck on the filter that is left behind by the dirty water.Â
- Now put that aerator back in the faucet hole.Â
- You will do the same technique as you did while taking off the aerator.Â
- Use the wrench or hands and place the aerator in its original place.
- At last, you will tighten your hands.Â
Replacing of flow restrictor:Â
- The flow restrictor is the main source of controlling water flow in the faucets.Â
- The company will provide you with two kinds of restrictors with your faucets package.
- You can remove the original one that is attached to your faucet.Â
- You can unscrew the flow restrictor from the quick connector pipe.Â
- Now replace with the new restrictor to the quick connector pipe.Â
- Hence you will surely see a lot of difference in the flow rate of water.
Remove the restrictor:Â
- Removing the restrictor is the best way to increase the flow if your faucet is flowing with low pressure.Â
- You can unscrew the restrictor from the connector pipe.Â
- You can use the hex wrench for popping it out.
- Now connect the pipe without any restrictor.Â
- It will increase the flow rate fromÂ 1.8 to 2.2 gallons per minute.Â
- There is also a plastic converter present inside the restrictor.Â
- You can that out, and it will also help reduce the blockage of the water flow.Â
Washing the faucet head:Â
- The other to increase the water flow is by resigning water hoses and faucets head.
- Turn off the water valves on both sides.
- You will also need to figure out which side of the handle has a low water flow.Â
- Now start twisting the water hoses of both or the one with low water flow.
- You can also use a wrench to remove the holes’ water hoses.Â
- Set the bucket under the pipes to catch the water during treatment.Â
- When you remove the hoses, some water will be left in the pipes.Â
- You will drain out all the water from the hoses.Â
- The draining will take some time.Â
- While treatment, you will notice brins in the drained water.Â
- Those particles are the reason for the disruption of water flow.Â
- Drain out the water till it ends in the hoses.Â
- Now out the hoses back into the valves.Â
- Use the wrench or your hands to tighten it.Â
- You will see a lot of difference in the water flow pressure.Â
How to know which side of the faucet has low pressure?
If you have two handles in your faucet, then it’s quite easy to identify. You can turn on the valve and check which has a low rate of flow water. If you have the single and you have difficulty identifying water flow, turn off both water valves. It will surely help in doing your treatment.
Are there some consequences of removing the aerator?
Although removing the aerator is a great method to increase the water flow, it can also over the flow of the water. Hence it can damage your sink because some sinks are too delicate to handle water pressure. It’s better to lower the speed of the faucet handle at first to check the pressure.Â
After controlling the faucet handle, you can either place the aerator or remove it as per your situation and needs.
What if there is still no increase in the water flow through the faucets?Â
If none of the methods works for you, you better check the leakage in the pipes. A hole in your water pipes can decrease the water flow. Or maybe there are a lot of crude and dirt particles inside your pipes causing the blockage.
How to know the best flow restrictor for your faucet?Â
At times, the flow restrictor does not match the size of the aerator. Thus, that causes the low flow of water through your faucets. You will surely get two or more flow restrictors with your package. You can put any of them and check the size that it must fit.
Do you like the high-pressure water from your faucets? Or are your faucets does not work that much good now? Your faucet might get oldâ€”that’s why it does not flow that much good now. You will surely need to do something about that. Would you change the whole faucet? No, you replace or remove the flow restrictor or maybe check the other parts of the faucets. How to increase the faucet flow rate?
You must be thinking about this question. But now you will have all the answers to your questions.
There are major reasons behind the low water pressure. You will need to sort that out first and then apply any method.