Installing the shower faucet is not like installing a simple sink faucet. Do you think you are advanced in mechanics? have you installed the faucet in your shower cabin before?
Although the sink faucet is not that tricky, anyone can do it by following the internet guidance.
Moreover, people usually don’t like to take risks as they have invested a lot of money in a new shower faucet.
Are you good at measuring or good at handling drills?
How to install delta shower faucet? If you want to know the details, keep reading till the end.
Steps for how to install delta shower faucet:
You will need to know all the technical tools and appliances to help you achieve the shower faucet installation by yourself. You can take help from your friends.
Try to be more focused on the installation. Your slight ignorance can damage the working of the shower faucet.
Tools required: Teflon tape, mearing tape or scale, pencil to mark the point at the base, impact river, drill, crescent wrench, Allen set of screws, half-inch plugs, crimps rings, Pex pipe, Pex adaptors.
- The first thing is to install the Pex adaptors with each end of the shower valve.
- Now you can wrap the Teflon tape around the threaded ends in a clockwise direction and make sure to tighten it. This wrapping avoids leakage when you install the adaptors in the shower faucet.
- Wrap all of the joints with layers of tape.
- The copper wiring in the adaptor is not secured with the tape so you will need an alternative.
- You can use the white joint compound that will cover the gap and the tape.
- Now take the wrench and tighten the Pex adaptor to prevent any leakage.
- Now it’s time to measure the centre of the shower base where you will place the faucet.
- Take the measuring tape and mark the centre of the shower base. Try to keep the centre that is equally central to the shower head and shower valve.
- To install your shower head, you must set back about three-quarters of an inch for the block.
- And for the shower valve, you will need to set it back two inches.
- Now it’s time to install the shower valve, and you need to use wood screws with drilling.
- Take the pencil, put the valve on the base and mark the position. After this drill on the exact point on the mark.
- You will drill the valve mark on both sides; you would set the hot on the right side and the cold one on the left side.
- After drilling the holes, you need support to attach the pipes to the valve’s end.
- For this attachment, you will need the half-inch elbows.
- Place the elbows at the exact point where you want the pipe and mark the position.
- Now take the pipe cutter, place the elbows, and connect them to the Pex.
- You will use the crimping tool to crimp the elbow on the pipe at the exact place you mark the position.
- The crimping is for the tightening of the pipes and valves. Although when you connect the lines with the valve. There is a chance of leakage or bursting out of the pipes due to the water pressure.
- You will use the crimp rings on both left and right sides.
- Now you will have the leftover pipe and install the drop here.
- You will place the pipe in the middle of the adaptor that will connect both the ends of the valves.
- This middle pipe is for the shower head you will place in a while.
- You can purchase a square plastic holder that fits in the middle of the joining of the valves and pipes.
- Now you are done with the internal piping to fix the shower head and valve from the box you ordered from the delta.
- Take the screws and plugs, and fix them on the valves and shower head.
- Install the heads and valves with the wrench, and tighten the screws and plugs.
- Now you have installed the shower head and valve.
How to make the infrastructure for the shower faucet?
You can have the wooden base for the installation and build an infrastructure where you will connect the pipes for water flow.
Is the delta serving the facility for the installation?
Yes, delta provides installation services, but not everyone can afford that. However, you can still get the best guidelines from the internet to install the shower faucet. You can save a lot of bucks by doing the plumbing by yourself.
How would to know the best faucet model for the bathroom?
You can measure the valve and old faucet head diameter to install the new shower faucet. However, the delta has the same universal size as the taps at their stores. That is suitable for almost every faucet.
How much does cost it takes to the installation of shower faucet without a plumber?
If you can’t arrange any plumber or it’s the weekend, you will need to do it yourself. Although it is not that difficult, you can do it knowing the proper procedure and tools. However, you will need to spend some amount of dollars on the tools as they are necessary.