Have you noticed your bathroom faucet flowing at low water pressure? You might like the high- water flow in your bathroom faucet. Or did your friend start to notice this low water pressure?
These situations might have occurred to you. Almost every person has faced the low water flowing in their life. So, they usually remove the aerator or the flow restrictor. But how does this help in increasing the flow of water?
The flow restrictor is the controlling agent in the faucet. But it depends on what kind of faucet you are using. How to remove flow restrictor from bathroom faucet?
You might know that removing the restrictor is great, but how to remove it? This question must have been running through your mind.
This post will help you walk through the factors that are important to learn for removing the flow restrictor. Keep reading till the end to know the truth about flow restrictors.
Explore how to remove flow restrictor from bathroom faucet:
What does the flow restrictor? Why would you need to remove that, as it’s part of the faucet? These are some basic questions that newbies ask when doing plumbing. We would first need to know the reasons and working of the flow restrictor. Then will further move to the removal of it.
Reasons why would you remove the flow restrictor:
- Your faucet might be old enough that the flow restrictor is ruptured now.
- The flow restrictor is not the same as the size of the faucet.
- Or maybe the flow restrictor is not that of great quality.
- These are the possible reasons to decrease the flow of water from your bathroom faucets.
Removing the flow restrictor:
Using the aerator key:
- There is an aerator at the front of the faucet head.
- This aerator has the components of the faucets, such as the washer and the main filter.
- You can use the aerator key to put the aerator out of the faucet.
- Or you can remove the whole faucet by using the wrench.
- But putting out of the aerator is great for this treatment of flow restrictor.
- You would need to put the key into the faucet and keep twisting it until it gets out.
- You will see the plastic components. These are the washers and filters.
- You can clean the filter with a cloth to resign all the particles present on that filter.
- Now remove the floe restrictor present in the faucet.
The faucet aerator without flow restrictor:
- What happens with a faucet aerator without a flow restrictor? Removing the flow restrictor will quickly increase the flow of water.
- Although, there will be no damage to the faucet aerator without a flow restrictor. The aerator is the main source to hold every component of the faucets.
- Some holes help in pushing the water out of the faucets. You can resign them off as well, and they can also cause low water flow.
How do we remove the flow restrictor with a cover of the faucet?
- There are other ways to remove the flow restrictor from the faucet.
- Although the removal of the flow restrictor through the faucet holes.
- You can use the wrench to remove the faucet head.
- There are some holes in the faucet cover.
- You will separate them by the pilers.
- They are way too delicate, so you will need to be careful.
- You will also see the orifice.
- After putting the faucet head out, there will be some water draining out at the moment.
- This water draining is great as you will fix the faucet with clean and solid components.
- You will see the cap of the faucet aerator; take that also.
- You will see the flow restrictor under that; use pliers to put that out.
- Be more careful as you can break the orifice as it has made of plastic.
- After removing the flow restrictor through this method, you can put the nozzle back in its place.
- Place all the plastic discs, the washer, and filters back in their original position.
- Now use the wrench to tighten the faucet head.
- After this treatment, you will see a great flow in the water faucet.
Other reasons for the low rate of water flow:
- There can be various reasons your bathroom faucet has low water pressure. Although removing the flow restrictor is the best way to get the increased pressure.
- There can be low water pressure from your background source of water.
- Your house’s pipes must have the dirt disrupting the water flow.
- The filter in your faucets is not clean.
What happens to the faucet aerator without a flow restrictor?
The removal of flow restrictor is great for high flow of water, but at the time, it can create a mess. The aerator is the main reason for holding faucet components. If you remove the aerator, it might get too high pressure, which can rupture your sink.
How do you avoid damaging the other parts after removing the aerator and flow restrictor?
You will need to be more careful while getting the parts out of the faucets. These are made of plastic and can be easily broken. The aerator and the washer are more delicate when it comes to removal as you will be using the pliers and wrench.
Do the faucets work without the flow restrictor that much good?
The faucets aerator without a flow restrictor will work perfectly. Moreover, you will see a tremendous change in the flow of water. This method is one of the best as you don’t have to put much effort and take no money. You can easily do this method by yourself without any help from plumbers.
Are you frustrated due to low pressure in your bathroom faucets? Did you not enjoy the water flow in the bathroom? And you want to solve this issue as soon as you can cause your friends are coming.
However, it will not be time. You will need to know some knowledge about the faucets. The main reason for water control is the flow restrictor in faucets.
But what to do if you have less pressure on your bathroom faucets. You will need to put that out immediately. How to remove flow restrictor from bathroom faucet?
Removing the flow restrictor will save your day, and you don’t have to wait for plumbers. The basic knowledge about the aerator and how to remove the flow restrictor is all that you need.