Do you think that your tub is always slippery? Although you ignore this fact thinking that it is normal. However, it is customary to leave your tub and floor greasy as it can lead to dangerous consequences.
What are the reasons that your bathroom tub remains wet all the time? You had dried it up with the whoop, but still, it got slippery after some time.
You and your friend start noticing that cause he might be using the same bathroom. What can be the reason?
Yes, the faucet of the bathtub is continuously leaking. Now you start searching for ways to replace them. How to replace a bathtub faucet valve? This post is the ultimate guide for replacing. Keep reading till the end.
Directions for how to replace a bathtub faucet valve:
There can be various logical reasoning that can make your faucet valve leak. You might be using the old faucet, whose rubber has been dented for a long time.
- Side effects of leaking: you can put your life at risk if you use the slippery tub as you can fall. The leaking of water is causing the algae on your tub, which seems gross whenever you enter the bathroom. You would not like to use it, but you are here to solve this problem.
- Identify the leaking spot: usually, there are two faucets in the bathtub; the hot water tap and the cold tap. They both can be leaked simultaneously, but you will need to identify the particular leaking faucet.
- Please turn on the water heater; it will help to know which one of the taps is leaking. If it is cold, then it’s the cold water faucet, and if the hot water is coming out, it’s hot water tape.
Procedure for replacing the bathtub faucet valve:
Once you know which one is leaking, you can bring your tools to start the work.
- Turn off the water valve: Turn off the water meter or the valve from the water supplied to the whole house. This turning will not let the water leak when you are doing your replacement.
- Now turn the faucet face in the position that the front should be facing towards the left side. This positioning will let you know there is no water flowing from the tap.
- You will have to take off the faucet parts to remove them.
- Take the faucet cap out first with the wrench by unscrewing the nuts on the faucet.
- You can put the screwdriver inside the hole of the faucet cap. The spinning of the screwdriver will remove the faucet body sliding out of the wall.
- You can see some screws that are on the wall of the faucet. You can remove them by using a screwdriver in spinning them in a clockwise direction.
- Now it is time to take off the spindle from the faucet. You can use the wrench to remove the spindle.
- After removing these parts, you can see a washer inside the spindle that is probably damaged.
- The rubber present in the spindle is dented, and that is why it causes the water to get through it. It is the ultimate reason why your faucet is leaking.
Replacing of rubber:
- You can use any rubber for the bathtub faucet as it should be good enough for more prolonged use.
- Please take out the old rubber by spinning the washer and pushing it in the washer.
- Now take the screwdriver and place the new rubber inside the washer. The rubber is mainly set in the middle of the washer.
What is the Installation of seat school:
- Whenever you open the faucet, you will see some round piece of steel that is mainly attracted to the washer. It is called the seat school.
- The reinstalling of the new seat school is essential as it prevents the water surplus in the pipes. If you don’t change the seat to school, you will have more chances of leakage.
- You will need a seat wrench and put it right inside the wall. You will need to remove the old one first and put the new one with the same seat wrench. It will not take that much time.
How to install the spindle?
- Now it’s time to put all the faucet parts to place in the correct position.
- You can have a new set of faucets if you want to renovate them or if it’s broken.
- Take the wrench and put the spindle bake into the wall hole.
- Try to put all the parts in the same order with accurate distance.
- Not following the positions can also lead to leakage in the faucets.
- You can use a wrench and tighten the whole spindle and washer back.
- The tightening is excellent if you want to avoid leakage.
- Gently close the facet in the clockwise direction.
- After fixing the faucet in the valve, put the cap on the tap.
- Yes, you have replaced the bathtub faucet accurately.
Check after installing: turn on the water valves or meter to check whether you have installed the faucet in the right direction. If you still see some leakage, it may be due to the other side of the faucet. You will need to repeat the whole procedure more carefully this time.
How do the leaking bathtub faucets cause a smell in the bathroom?
The algae growing over the tub during the leaking water creates a strange water smell. You can not clean the whole bathroom again all day. So, fixing the faucets is better than cleaning or using a rug.
Do we need each part of the faucet in the replacement?
Not necessarily. You can change only the parts that seem damaged or that have a dent on them. However, just the spindle or losing the washer rubber causes leaking. You can replace the whole set of the faucet if you want to bring some change in the bathroom style.
How to use the Teflon tape in the bathtub faucet?
You don’t have to use any tape or glue for the bathtub faucet. You can only ensure the tightening of the tap, which is completely fine. Using too many tools can also create a mess that leads the damage.