Table of Contents
The modern and fast generation ants every tool as per the current trend. The same is the situation for the kitchen and bathroom. Do you want your kitchen to have all the modern tools?
Do you want the faucets and other appliances in your kitchen to stand out like your home? Yes, almost everyone in the world wants their kitchen looks stylish with functioning appliances.
This desire is not authoritarian as you can follow the trendy faucets for your kitchen. However, you see the old faucet and think the ways to change it with minimum range.
You see the sprayer faucets all over the magazine, and it is trendy as all my friends have installed it. How to replace a kitchen faucet with sprayer? You are not professional, but still, there are plenty of ways to install the sprayer faucet yourself. Let us determine how to install it without the hustle of calling a plumber.
Tips for how to replace a kitchen faucet with sprayer:
The sprayer might be the advanced form of the tap, but the installation method is almost the same.
Although you will know all the techniques and tools required for the installation process.
- the kitchen sprayer, adjustable wrench, slip joint pliers, plumber’s putty, and rags are crucial tools that you will require for installation.
- The first is to turn off the water valves or the water supply meter whenever you do the plumbing. This step is necessary as it will prevent all the leakage and bursting of the water pipes.
- Now you will open the taps to drain out all the water left in the water faucets. This step will remove the faucet from the water to ease the installation.
- Now use the wrench to remove the hose in the bottom of the faucet.
- The faucet is now lifted slightly from its place. Try to remove it to raise it a little bit more.
- Now loosen the mounting nuts connecting the water pipes with the faucet under the sink.
- Use the torch to see in that dark underneath the sink. Be more careful while disconnecting the water pipes.
- Remove the old faucet and lift the water lines carefully.
- Once you remove the faucets and their parts, it’s time to install new ones.
- But first, it is excellent to put ¼ inch bead of plumber’s putty on the surface of the gap where we will install the sprayer.
- Keep that in mind to spread it on the edges, or it will make the sprayer slip.
- Now open the set new faucet sprayer from the box.
- Place the tailpiece into the deck where place the old faucet is.
- You are not supposed to tighten the sprayer into the sink as you did with the faucet because it needs some movability.
- You can use the sink to clean it thoroughly.
- Secure the new sprayer with a friction washer by opening it under the sink.
- Now it’s time to screw the sprayer’s nuts into the sink’s deck.
- Put the sprayer along with its pipes, same as the faucet pipes.
- Take a screwdriver and start screwing the nuts on the top side of the sink.
- Try to wipe away any extra putty left from the base of the sprayer around with a cloth.
- Now attach the hose of the new sprayer to connecting nipple present at the bottom of your faucet.
- Try to tighten it with your hands, do not push with too much force. You can break it with too much power and hammering.
- Last but not least, turn on the water valves and check the pressure or any leakage when you turn on the sprayer.
Cleaning of the deck:
the essential thing to maintain your sprayer for long-term use, clean the deck and faucet thoroughly. You can use stainless detergents or sandpaper as its surface is not smooth. Most of the time, the water particles got stuck into the faucet’s deck. It’s better to clean whenever you change the faucet or sprayer set.
Why would you need to change the sprayer?
The sprayer has a flexible neck, and its pipes are not movable. This type of faucet is quite reliable for cleaning purposes. Talking about its appearance, it is trendy and gives your kitchen a new look.
How to know which sprayer is perfect for the sink?
The size and length of the faucet and sprayer are precisely the same. The websites and shops have the measures that have the standard size of the taps. Before buying, you can check the hole measurement and compare it with the new sprayer.
Is the sprayer getting out of their place?
The sprayer can move out of their place as they are not tightening up like the faucets. However, the spreading of plumbers’ putty is to let them stick as long as possible. Although if we compare the faucet or sprayer, the tap is longer to attach and does not leak the water. The sprayer is good, but they need more maintenance.
What are the key benefits of the sprayer?
The sprayer has a hole that is great for washing, and you can move its neck. The benefits are that it has different holes in its washer that will spray the water on vegetables or other food items.