Are you facing water leakage when you turn on the faucet? Or is the water spreading all over the sink? You are trying to determine the reason, but you eventually remember that you haven’t changed the cartridge.Â Â
You are thinking of alternatives. You may try to order the whole new faucet, but you have recently purchased the faucet. You don’t want to waste your money, and it is better to change the cartridge.
Now you know you break the cartridge completely, or maybe it has the dust. Are you thinking of calling a plumber? Although you will not need to call as you will know all the details about the cartridge.
Suggestions for how to replace delta faucet cartridge:
- The replacing of the cartridge is not that complex or challenging. You can easily use the tools that are already at your home.Â
- The process is almost the same and typical as changing other parts of the faucet. Talking about delta, it always comes up with the best and most handy faucets.Â
- You will not need to use many techniques to remove the cartridge.Â
Required tools:Â you will need a wrench, long nose piler, and a screwdriver.Â
Let us jump into the method.
- The first thing is to turn off the water valves. The running water through the pipes will damage the other parts during treatment.Â
Extinguish the parts of faucets:Â
- To replace the faucet cartridge, you will need to bring out the parts of the faucets one by one.Â
- You will remove the cover or the cap on the top of the faucet.Â
- Take the screwdriver and uncover the faucets.Â
- You will see the plugs holding the faucet body to the sink.Â
- Take a suitable screwdriver and place that into the middle part.Â
- Start twisting that loosen the plugs, and put it out.
- Now you will see the cover and handle.
- Take a wrench and put that on the handle to remove it. Turn the twist the clockwise.Â
- The nuts are almost loose; you can spin them with your hands and remove them.
- Finally, you have achieved the cartridge.Â
- You can use the nose piler to remove the cartridge.
- As you are doing it once in a while, it’s better to clean it.Â
- Once you put the cartridge from the handle.Â
- Take a detergent or vinegar and place some of that on a cloth. Clean the handle and the gap thoroughly.Â
Placing the new delta faucet cartridge:Â
- Now it’s time to replace the new cartridge you ordered from the delta.Â
- There are written instructions on the packet of the cartridge.
- The delta has diverse faucet cartridges that would probably fit your faucets.Â
- You can find the arrow at the top of the cartridge.Â
- This arrow is for giving the right direction to install inside the faucet handle.Â
- You will also find a fine knob at the front of the cartridge.
- You can adjust the temperature with your hands.Â
- Try to move the knob in the clockwise direction.Â
Rearranging the parts:
- Now it’s time to place all the parts at their positions as you have done installing the new cartridge.Â
- Place the nuts and screw them tightly with a wrench.Â
- You will have the handle and place the plug in the right places.Â
- Use the screwdriver to tighten the plugs.Â
- Now place the cover of the faucet and tighten it with your hands/ screwdriver.Â
- Check all the plugs and nuts before you turn on the water valves.
- Now you can turn the water valve on and see no leakage.
- Hence you have completed the task of replacing the new cartridge.
Tired of cartridges replacements? Buy a new delta auburn faucet here.
How to know the cartridge size for your handle?
The delta has been serving for years with various sizes and styles of faucet cartridges.
They have universal sizes and are always on the top trend in the faucets industry. You can see the size and model of your current faucet cartridge and compare it with the new one. You can view many cartridges online and order according to your need.
Are cartridges quickly broken?
The cartridges will rupture according to the usage and time. You will need to check after six months at least because there are chances of rupture within this time.
The rough usage and using sharp tools while cleaning can make your cartridge break.
The slight damage to the cartridge can cause leakage in the faucet.
How to keep your faucet parts longer working?Â
The best thing is to take great care of the cleaning. Try not to let the dust and minerals stuck on the faucet. Clean it thoroughly with vinegar. You will need to check the water pressure at average speed.Â
The high water pressure can cause your faucet leakage.