You must have seen faucets in every household since water supply in different areas of houses is impossible without these faucets. These faucets help to control, regulate, and release water depending upon the needs of its user. However, sometimes these faucets need a quick fix or repair.
The reasons behind repair can be multiple. Rusting of the faucet’s body, leakage, or zero-efficiency can be the reasons. Whatever the reason might be, you want to replace your old faucets with the best ones. Sometimes all you need is to re-install a few parts of your faucets, and you can still keep going with the older faucets. In case of leakage, the problem might be in the rubber washer, so by replacing one faucet part, you can regain the efficiency of old faucets. If you are looking for Tuscany faucet parts, you are on the right page.
Continuous reading to get all the information regarding Tuscany faucets parts and how to install them.
How to Replace Tuscany Pull Down Kitchen Faucet Spray Head?
The spray head is a very substantiate faucet part in the pull down kitchen faucets. They come up with three features, stream, sweep, and boost. Stream feature helps to give you more flow and fills jugs and pots quickly, and water comes from the aerator mainly. In the boost feature, water comes out with a more boosted speed. While on the other hand, the sweep feature helps get rid of grease and dirt on the dishes.
Sometimes the spray head stops working due to accumulated calcium deposits, rusting, or blockage. If cleaning is not possible, you can replace spray heads. Follow these instructions.
Things you will need:
- Duct tape.
- New spray head
- Firstly, take out the faucet hose by pulling the hose.
- Keep one hand on the hose so that it does not go back in the faucet.
- Take out the duct tape and apply it to the junction area of the hose so that it does not go back.
- This way you will be able to do your work easily.
- Loosen the spray head by rotating it in the counterclockwise direction.
- Once it is loose, take it out by gently pulling off the spray head.
- Once the older spray head is out, check out that blockage is not in the hose by running water through it.
- Now place the new spray head and move it in the clockwise direction.
- Your new Tuscany kitchen spray head is ready to use.
Read More about Glacier Bay Faucet Reviews – Which Is The Best?
How to Replace Tuscany Kitchen Faucet Pull Down Hose Parts?
Pull-down faucet hoses are usually of high-quality materials, but sometimes they need some extra and occasional services. In case the water blockage is in the pull-down hose, you might need to re-install a new hose in the faucet. You can do this by yourself without any support from plumbing services. Follow these instructions.
Things you will need:
- Firstly, turn off the main water supply so that water does not reach out to the hose when you are repairing it.
- There are three types of faucets; collet, threaded, and quick disconnect.
- Identify which type of hose you own.
- The first step to any hose type starts by disconnecting the spray hose.
- Unthread the spray hose from the hose that is present underneath.
- The hose contains a weight. You need to remove it as well.
- Take a screwdriver and take out the nut that supports the weight.
- Now, once hoses are disconnected from beneath, go to the above part from where you pull your hose.
- Remove the hose from here by pulling the hose.
- Now detach the spray head from the old hose by rotating the spray head in a counterclockwise direction.
- Place the new hose on your spray head by threading it.
- Now insert the spray head in the faucet again.
- Place the weight back and tighten the nut with a screwdriver.
- Put the new hose in the main water supply, thread it and tighten with a wrench.
- Your new hose is ready to use.
How to Clean Hard Water Deposits from Tuscany Faucet Parts?
The water deposit is a common problem. Hard water residuals, mineral deposits, and dirt often accumulate in different parts of the faucet. The water deposits do not only cause blockage but also give place to bacteria and mildew. Hence the water is not clean to use.
Before replacing any Tuscany faucet part, you need to try to clean it. If cleaning can serve the purpose you do not need to spend a lot of money. In case your faucet is broken, leaks or some rusting is here, then you can go on with replacement.
3.1. Use Vinegar:
Vinegar can help to unclog the faucet part such as the spray head. It is a natural cleaner and also helps you to get rid of mildew.
Things you will need:
- Soft cloth
- Take a bowl and pour vinegar in it.
- Now detach your faucet part that is clogged such as the spray head.
- Soak the spray head in the vinegar overnight.
- This will unclog the dust, calcium deposits, and mildew.
- Now rinse the vinegar with simple water and clean with a soft microfiber cloth.