Anyone who found the bathroom appliances would know the Moen faucet. Do you think that new devices are more reliable? Do you prefer more advanced faucets in your bathroom?
Yes, most of us like to install the most recent model in our house. Talking the Moen 1224 is also the latest model in the faucet industry.
Almost every household made in the new times has this Moen faucet. However, you will need to replace the cartridge after some time.
As time flies, the old cartridge will need to work effectively as the new one. So, you will need to remove the whole faucet or the model.
You can replace the cartridge according to the model you are using. How does the Moen 1224 cartridge removal tool work? Some basic instructions will let you know the whole procedure. Let us discover those instructions with minimum means.
Looking to buy new Moen faucet? Check Detailed reviews of moen faucets here.
Solutions for Moen 1224 cartridge removal tool:Â
Do you face difficulty while choosing the suitable faucet model for your bathroom? Almost every one of us has faced this situation as you know how hard it is to renovate the house.
- You will do that only once in a while, so you must be more conscious as you invest money. The Moen and other famous brands in the industry magazine will help you know the best faucet for your home.
- But if your cartridge is burst out and you need to install new. You will probably need a new one for your faucet. Keep reading till the end to know the whole procedure.
- Tools required:Â screwdriver, hex or Allen wrench, adjustable pliers and a new cartridgeÂ to install the faucet.
- Turn off the water valves at first because you are dealing with water, which can cause leakage.
- Drain out all the water left in the pipes by turning the faucet for a few seconds.
- Now start unscrewing the nuts on the handle of the faucets to detach them.
- You can now clearly see the nuts, that is, cartridge nuts. This nut sticks the cartridge with the faucet for a longer time. To remove the cartridge, you will need to detach the nut firstly.
- There will be a plastic round shape thing, the cartridge you can see.
- Now put out that with the plier or, if possible, with your hands.
- After pulling out the cartridge, you can install the new cartridge.
- You will also need to shut the nuts off the faucet’s handle.
- Take out the new nuts that are available with the faucet cartridge set.
- Tighten them as much as you can so it will let the water leak.
- There must be a notch inside the faucet, and that’s the exact point where the cartridge is placed.
- You must ensure the tap-on cartridge is designed correctly with the notch on the valve.
- You can use the adjustable wrench to tighten the cartridge nut.
- Now turn on the water valve and check the water flowing. If the water supply is excellent, that’s good, but if not, try to repeat the process. Or there can be any other reason for bursting out of water.
Installation with the cartridge extractor:
- The faucet cartridge using the extractor is quite similar to the previous procedure.
- You can take off the faucet handle by pulling out the nuts.
- Take the cartridge extractor and put that one in the exact spot of the cartridge notch.
- Fix the extractor, push it down on top and start twisting it so that it pops out.
- Try to keep turning it so that it comes out.
- Now the cartridge is out of place.
- If you think that notch needs cleansing, you can do that before installing the new cartridge.
- Now you can insert the new cartridge.
- Finally, you are done with installing the new faucet cartridge of the Moen cartridge 1224 model. You can now check the faucet by turning on the water valve as per the previous instructions.
Why would you prefer the Moen cartridge 1224?
- If you want an up-to-date device that functions excellently, you will buy that. Like in the case of a faucet cartridge, you would buy only the latest one because it will work for a long time.
What are the specs that differ the Moen cartridge 1224 from the other?
Although The specs of controlling hot and cold water into their handles perfectly and controlling the flow of water. Although every other cartridge does this job, the Moen 1224 has more durability and life. It is more sustainable in the faucet industry. However, depending upon your use, you would need to replace it once in a year or maybe two. That’s quite great for the faucet cartridge.
How long a typical cartridge works?Â
The typical cartridge does not work longer if you use it for quite a long time. It generally breaks and starts leaking that put on stains on the sinks for a permanent time.
What side effects of a low-quality cartridge?
If you are not bothering the cartridge of good company, try to buy something cheap that would affect the faucet. You would have damaged your faucet and its components.