Have you experienced a broken faucet at your home? Did the broken faucet ever damage your sink? Yes, it might happen to many of us, but we would be changing the faucet set.
You might be getting worried because you have already invested money. Would you replace the broken faucet or repair it? This question is quite common when you are facing such issues.
If we talk about the Moen Monticello faucet, we can also seek guidance from Moen services. The Moen Monticello faucet repair is not a tough task.
You can easily do that by yourself without calling plumbers. If you want to know the detail, keep reading until the end.
Ways for Moen Monticello faucet repair:
First, you will need to figure out what sorts of issues are happening with you. The major problems that might occur are:
- The felling of the handle
- Leaking through the handle
- Sparking of water when you turn on the faucet
- You might be having low water pressure
- The handle is stuck due to the dirt or the minerals in it.
Ways to fix it:
- Now let us figure out the best possible ways to fix these issues.
- The actual thing that would happen is screws of handle got off their place. The displacement of screws causes damage to the handle.
- Your handle is attached to the surface of the sink.
- You can put out the handle by just spinning the base clockwise.
- Keep rotating unless it pops out of the base of the handle.
- After getting the faucet handle out, you will explore the internal parts of the handle.
- First of all, you will see the stem, and you might notice that the screws inside have fallen.
- What you need is the screwdriver and needle-nose pliers here.
- Take the needle-nose pliers and place them at the stem.
- Put out the screws that have fallen.
- Now take the screwdriver and fix the fallen screws inside the stem carefully.
- Tighten it as much as you can. You will need to be careful cause the faucet’s stem is a delicate feature.
- You will see the cartridge inserted in the handle cap.
- Attach the male and female handles to the stem and tighten them with the handle.
- Now take the whole base and fix the main body of the faucet handle.
- Twist the base to tighten it with your hands.
- You will need to push the whole base and handle back to the deck to avoid leakage.
- Try to press the handle on both sides as much as you can. The pressing is important because it will not make the screws loosen for a long time.
Using the new screws:
- You can apply new screws because the old ones might become rusty.
- The screws of the Moen faucet loosen easily because of the working of the handle.
- The continuous rotating causes the loosing of screws. You can not use Teflon tape because it will make the handle stuck.
- The other reason for breaking the handle is putting a lot of force on the handle.
Calling the Moen helpline:
- The Moen is always comparative towards its customers.
- It has set a policy for its customers, including exchanging and refunding the faucet.
- You can rely on Moen services if your faucet is broken or working properly.
- If you have recently purchased the model, you can exchange it for the new one without any charges. But if it has been years that you are using the faucet, then you might get your faucet rusty due to contaminated water.
How do you know which screw pops out of the stem?
The major screws are inside the stem, and you can clear one or two screws on each handle. It will be not in its place, and it might loosen for so long that it got out. You can do that with your hands but don’t be rough because it might break. The screws are the major parts that connect the handle with the sink surface. So, you would need to fix that to avoid any damage or water wastage.
How old is the Moen Monticello faucet?
This model of the Moen brand is not that old, though the look and work are typical. The only difference it makes is the water flow higher than the normal faucet. The Moen is great and famous for the diverse range of faucets in the markets for years. Their models are one of the best, with reliable policies.
What if we fail to repair the faucet by ourselves?
If you can’t figure out to fix the faucet, you will need to call the help professional, or if the handle is completely damaged. So, there are fewer chances to fix it. Moreover, the faucet broke the red. You will need the manual or the search the main website for the particular model.
Are your broken faucet affecting the bathroom look? Do your friends start noticing the broken faucets, and they question you? It would help if you were embarrassed and tried to find the reasons.
Specifically, the Moen Monticello faucet repair needs attention. It looks like a normal faucet, but it does have different functionality.
This company’s facets are famous for long-term use, but they can also get ruptured. It would help if you thought about changing the faucet though you can fix the old one with the instructions.
If you couldn’t help yourself fix it, then you probably didn’t know why. The main task is figuring out why, and it will lead you to decide what technique you should use.