Are you interested in new faucets? Do you want something innovative in your house? Thus, you might choose the motion sensor faucet in the suggestions.Â
Though you have installed the motion sensor, all your friends recommend you. But after a while, it starts malfunctioning. What can be the reasons for motion sensor faucet troubleshooting?
Are you frustrated as you have recently invested in faucets? Yes, it might sound like you have wasted money, but you can still figure out the solution.
Though, better to know the roots of troubleshooting instead of jumping to treatment. This post will help you know inch-by-inch information for your motion sensor faucet.
Reasons for motion sensor faucet troubleshooting:
- Motion sensor faucet is another name for touchless faucets. You must hear the name of touchless faucet more frequently in the market.Â
- Most famous brands such as Moen and delta produce a diverse range of touchless faucets. Though you can still use the faucets manually, what is the point of touchless? Keep reading to know the symptoms till the end.Â
What is happening to your touchless faucet?
- There are some factors that you will notice while the touchless faucets troubleshoot.Â
- Your touchless faucets have a sensor that helps detect the motion in required radiation. The faucet is not detecting the motion.Â
- The faucet is showing some glitches during its working.Â
- The water is not coming out. And when it comes out after a while, it splashes all over the sink.Â
- The touchless faucet is taking a quite long time to detect the motion.Â
- Your touchless faucet’s light is not working well.Â
Hence this malfunctioning is causing a lot of water wastage.
Why is this malfunctioning happening?
- The battery is drained out.Â
- The voltage in your circuit is not flowing through the wires of the touchless faucet perfectly.Â
- The excessive power consumption.
- The sensor burst out due to a lack of electric current.Â
- Your water is not flowing through the pipes.Â
What can we do to solve the touchless faucets malfunctioning?Â
- It is better to know which brand you are using at first. Every brand has its different functionality and system. If we talk about the Moen specifically, it can also have multiple defaults.Â
Moen touchless faucet not working:
- The Moen was the first brand that introduced touch faucets in the market. After this innovation started making a more diverse series of touchless faucets; although the Moen faucets are compatible with your home, they can also have some glitches.Â
- What to do if the Moen touchless faucet not working? The Moen is comparatively expensive to other faucets brands. However, it is better to check by yourself before replacing the model. Let us explore what we can do.
Replace the sensor:
- The major reason for malfunctioning in Moen faucets is sensors are inoperative. Most often, when there is no detecting of motion in the touchless, the reason is the weak sensor.
- You will need to replace the sensor plates with the new ones according to your faucet model.Â
Recharge the battery:Â
- The batteries are a basic necessity of power for the touchless faucets. Whenever you start noticing glitches, you can try replacing the batteries. You will find the battery compartment box under the sink.Â
- Take the old batteries out and place the powerful batteries. That will run for a longer period. Such asÂ AA4 and AA6.Â the Moen also provides the batteries and the faucet set.Â
- The batteries dry out often when the usage is more than enough.Â
Check the solenoid valve:Â
- When the voltage of your electric flow is belowÂ 6.0 watts, the Moen does not flow through this current. The wires do not let the sensor detect the motion.Â
- You will find a box nearby the battery compartment that is a solenoid. Take out the wires from the terminal at the bottom of the box.Â
- You will see two sorts of wires and place them at their negative and positive terminals. You will find all the instructions in the guidebook.Â
Moen motion sense manual override:Â
- What if we canâ€™t figure out the solution for the Moen touchless faucet malfunctioning? If you cannot fix the problem, the plumber has time to come to your place.Â
- You can turn off the sensor until you find an alternative to the faucets. You can use the touchless faucets manually for a time.Â
Turning the motion sensors on manual setting:Â
- It is quite easy to turn off the motion of the touchless faucet.Â
- You will need to put your hands at the front of the sensors forÂ at least 5 seconds.Â
- Thus, there will be some water flow, and the faucet willÂ
- turn off completely.Â
- And if you want to turn on the tap, motion on again and repeat the steps.Â
- Please put your hands at the front of the sensor for 5 seconds, and it will start running again.Â
- When your touchless faucet is set manually, you will use the faucet handles for turning on the tap.Â
How to identify the perfect battery cell for your faucet?
The Moen and other brands give the batteries and a touchless faucet set. You will compare the battery size and power with the new one while buying your faucet. However, there is a standard size of the battery for touchless faucets. It is better to use powerful cells of good quality for longer use. However, the usage is also quite important for the cell’s lifetime.
Yes, if you want the motion sensor of your touchless faucets, you must always have electric support. The motion sensor works with battery power, so you must often upgrade the cells.
How do maintain the touchless faucets for longer use?Â
The best way for maintenance is to keep an eye on the voltage and solenoid box. You must know the wires’ wiring and terminals to avoid any glitches. Keep the water away from the battery and other compartments under the sink.
Are you in search of some new faucets for your home? Has your friend recommended checking the touchless faucets of the Moen?
But after a while, you notice some malfunctioning in the faucets. Now you are confused as you might be thinking your money is wasted.
What can be the reasons for motion sensor faucet troubleshooting? The sensor plates are now failed, or maybe the batteries are dried.
You will need to know the solenoid compartment properly. The motion sensor might get outdated after using for much time. You can replace them as the Moen also provides the sensors and their faucets set.