You might get bored with seeing some interior of your bathroom. Do you want to bring some change into your bathroom but at some reasonable price? Yes, that’s possible if you think of replacing your old faucet with a new faucet.
Many old bathrooms have three-piece bathroom faucets that look antique, and you want to give some new look to your bathroom. To remove 3 piece bathroom faucet is a great idea.
Changing the faucet will not cost you too much, although you need to know the whole process from scratch. In this way, you can also guide your friends and family to change the faucet.
You will need some help fixing the faucet, so you call your family or friends to help you. The giving new touch will bring some fresh feeling whenever you enter the bathroom.
The refurbishment of the bathroom is not that expensive; yes, the faucets are the best option you have in your mind.
What is the way to Remove 3 Piece Bathroom Faucet?
You don’t need to change the whole sink for the taps. Although you will need to get some materials that will help renovate your bathroom.
- Material required: you will need some basic equipment normally available at home. These are a raga, bucket, a wrench, some pilers, and the faucet you need to fix. These will be enough if you renovate the normal to the small sink size. If you have a big sink that is for industrial, you will need more appliances.
- Precautions: you will need to be a little more careful when dealing with water pipes. This procedure requires the removal of water supply tubes and unscrewing of nuts in the faucets.
- You will need to wear gloves to avoid any grease present on the pipes.
- The other thing is to turn off the valves under the sink, cause this will drip much of the water. However, try using a wrench carefully and use clean appliances so that it will not affect the water.
When dealing with the water, identify the hot and cold water pipes. This indicator will help fix the lines into the faucet at an accurate position. A plate covers the holes of both sides of the taps. That plate will go to select the three holes into one hole faucet.
- Take a wrench and unscrew the hot and cold water pipes present under the sink.
- The red water pipe is for the right side, and the blue is for the left side.
- You will need to see the indicator as it will flow the required temperature of water from the faucet.
- Take the new faucet and place the water pipes in hot and cold water.
- Try to tighten the lines with the help of a wrench to avoid any leakage.
- Place the plate at the bottom of the faucet to cover the other two holes of the three-hole faucet.
- Take out everything from the sink before doing the unscrewing of pipes.
- Be more careful when removing lines as they are dripping the water.
- Now place rag and bucket under the sink to avoid the mess as the water drips.
- Now turn off the valve on both sides by spinning the valves clockwise.
- Take great precautions; keep checking the water is not coming from the faucet.
- Now unscrew all the nuts that are in the valves of water pipes.
- Put the water pipes of the new faucet in those valves.
- Tighten the screws once you place the water pipes.
- Try to remove the drain plug as well cause will also leak.
How to know the faucets are supplying the water?
Frequently check the faucets: You will need to turn the valves on to check whether the water is flowing through the taps or not.
- If the water is not coming out from the faucet or the hot and cold indicators are not working, you need to unscrew it again. Water pipes are not that flexible, so they need pressure when fixing them.
- You will need to remove the upper part of the faucet.
- Water will start dripping when you remove the whole faucet body. So, use a towel to avoid getting wet.
- You will see the rings present in the faucet; remove them with the hammer.
Cleaning: you will need to clean the holes as this will clean the water supply. You can use vinegar or alcohol to deep clean the faucet’s holes. The new faucet can have some residue when you have bought it so it can affect the water.
- Now attach the faucet with the plate through some glue (not that much).
- Using too much adhesive can cause blockage in the flow of water.
- Use the Teflon this time to avoid any leakage.
- Tighten the nuts more carefully.
- Check if any part of the hole does not have the particles that cause in delay of water flow.
- Tyr the wrench in a clockwise direction when fixing the pipes into holes.
- At last, test if the hot and cold water faucets are flowing the required water.
- The right faucets: another thing you will need to focus on when fixing the tap is the right side of the faucet. If the water is not flowing completely through the spout, the size of the faucet can be the reason.
How do you manage the pressure on the water supply?
The force of the water supply is directly related to the faucet you are using for your sink. The rotators manage the pressure of the water supply.
Can the glue affect the taste of water when you use it while fixing the faucet?
Although it is not recommended to use glue, you can use it if the wrench fails to tighten the water pipes and start leaking. However, using the Teflon is the best option, and it will stick for a longer time.
Is the one hole best or the three-hole?
The three are used in the old bathroom. The new and modern bathroom mostly does not have the three-hole but rather has one hole as it looks more trendy.