If we look closer at the parts of the faucet and water pipes, we will not know the various things.
Not all of us have the knowledge or grip about plumbing, so we don’t know most things. Have you ever seen the shower head thread? Have you tried changing it?
Maybe you had changed the faucet and shower head and saw a plumber talking about shower head thread. That does not seem important to you at that time.
But after reading this post, you will know the critical role of shower head size. What shower head thread size you should get? The cable is the main thing that connects the pipe and shower head tight.
So, you will know that size must match the model of your shower head. Keep reading till the end of the post to see the grasp knowledge of the shower head thread.
How to measure the shower head thread size?
Can we measure the thread size of the shower head? How to choose the perfect size for the shower head thread? These are some questions that might be running through your mind.
Let’s discuss the different sizes of thread and pipes both.
Significance of the shower head thread:
If we talk about the significant role of the shower head thread, it holds the water pipe and the shower head together. It does not let the leakage from the shower. The water flows from this particular thread.
- The thread size is Â½ inch in most countries. However, this site doesn’t need to suit your shower head. There are two sub-categories of the dimensions for the clarification in more detail.
- National pipe thread tapered, Â½ inch NPT is the standard size in Canada and the United States. You will find the perfect size of the shower head if you order from these two states.
- The sizes vary from location and the brand. Most famous brands use this NPT standard size for their shower head thread. Thus, this brand suits many people’s shower heads.
- British standard pipe has the size of Â½ inch BSP. Yes, the size is the same, but they are available in the stores with these two abbreviations. The BSP is mainly in Asian countries. You will find it perfect if you have the shower head of the Asian countries.
What if we have an older shower head?
- Did you not renovate for the past decade? In this case, you might have the oldest shower head in the town. Do you feel difficulty in changing the shower head? Are you not finding the exact size of the thread for your shower?
- That’s because of the old model, and that’s not fitting the thread. Although we have discussed the problems, now jump into the solutions.
Replacing the shower arm:
- If you had fixed the perfect size of the head, but still there is some leakage, you can try changing the shower arm. That arm is the pipe that lets the flowing water from the faucet to the shower head. It might not be connected properly, or there must be loosened thread in that pipe.
- You can try to connect the new adaptor to your shower head. This adaptor replacement is also an excellent option for tightening the shower head. Most of the adapter matches the size and model of the shower head.
- In most cases, you find the pipe’s improper length suitable for your thread size. This mismatch between the shower head and the line will cause the water pipe to rupture.
- Are you not enjoying the shower and the water pressure? It mainly occurs when the pipe is not fit with the proper thread.
What if we don’t find the perfect size for the thread?
- Some cases cause most brands to manufacture the shower head based on the NPT and BSP. However, there are some ways to know what to do in this case.
Compare the model:
- You can take the old shower head in the store and compare the thread size with the director. This process is the most fundamental thing to figure out the right side of the thread.
Fixing the pipe:
- Whenever you discover the thread inside the shower, you see two threads. If the line is in the outer part, it’s the male thread. If on the inside, then it’s female threads.
- Most new people in the faucet industry don’t know the concepts of these two threads. You will need to connect them in a rotating motion. Try to rotate the clockwise, which will tighten and have fewer chances of leakage.
Availability of the shower head thread:
- If you don’t have access to the BSP and NPT threads, you probably face difficulty buying the line locally. You will need to order from the international market. Most of the states in Europe do not have the brand outlets of the faucet companies that provide the shower head threads.
Can you find the exact size of the thread for your shower head?
In most of the well-known states of the United States and Canada, you will find the thread the same size as every kind of shower head. However, the brands that manufacture the shower heads follow the universal dimension of the line standard in the state.
What is the possibility of leakage of the shower head?
In most common cases, the leakage occurs due to the loose threads of the shower pipes. You will need to check the shower arm and adaptor if you have the leakage. Most of the lines don’t connect with the thread. You don’t have to change the whole shower head along with the cable; replacing the shower arm will probably save your time and money.
What if we need to change the shower head?
In that case, you will need to compare the shower thread of your old shower head with the new. If it is perfect, then it is excellent, and don’t, you will need to replace the same thread size of the shower head.
Are you thinking of changing the shower head? But you find it difficult cause you are unsure about the shower head thread.
Although this post is the leading guide that will let you know the whole procedure for fixing threads, the main thing is the line size that should match the pipe.
What shower head thread size you should pick? The size is dependent on the model of the shower head. You will need to choose or connect the universal dimension available in your state. It will help get the perfect thread match for your shower head.